Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is a tablet developed, designed, and marketed by Samsung Electronics. It serves as a platform for multimedia consumption such as web browsing, music, and movies. It had a limited release on August 6, 2012 before being officially released worldwide on August 16, 2012. It was well received by numerous technology outlets, and was praised for its fast processor, versatility, expandable memory, and writing interface.
The Multi-Window option allows users to view multiple applications simultaneously and lets you move around and re-size windows. It provides the most flexible and freeform interface for flawless multi-tasking and the Dual View option allows two main apps to be viewed side-by-side, either horizontally or vertically. Air View allows users to quickly and conveniently preview apps and web pages without having to open them. The biggest feature of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is the S Pen. The S Pen allows users to quickly activate services and applications. It can be used to instantly outline and crop out anything on the screen, which users can freely edit. The S Pen can be used to send handwritten notes via Email or hand write notes or memos. It also lets you write memories on the back of photos. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 comes with Adobe Photoshop Touch, which lets users create remarkable multi-layered images, use professional effects, and share the results on Facebook or Twitter. Allshare Play & Cast allows for Seamless Sharing between users, who can connect to other tablets or laptops and share multimedia. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 can be purchased on Amazon. It can also be purchased from Best Buy, which sells the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 for $499.99 on sale, saving about $50 from the List Price.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is 10.31 inches tall, 7.09 inches wide, and 0.35 inches thick. It weighs approximately 1.32 pounds. It has a multi-touch Samsung TouchWiz UI Screen. It is shipped with Android version 4.0.3 (known as “Ice Cream Sandwich”) which can be upgraded to version 4.1 (known as “Jelly Bean”). It comes in either Black or White/Silver. It comes in 3 different sizes: 16 GB, 32 GB, or 64 GB. It offers 2 GB RAM and has a microSD slot for further memory. The map application supports GPS. It has a non-removable Li-Ion 7000 mAh battery, which offers up to 1500 hours of stand by time, and around 10 hours of life under heavy use.
- The S-Pen is a terrific feature and very easy to use on a big screen; it allows users to quickly launch apps, hand write notes or messages, and crop pictures or images
- Split-screen multi-tasking is a terrific feature that lets users keep multiple apps or web browser screens open at once; this feature makes the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 a perfect tablet to use for work
- The headphone jack and microSD slot are all easily accessible from the top edge of the tablet, and the inclusion of a microSD slot offers the potential for more memory capacity
- Has a strong battery life compared to other tablets
- Weak build quality (like other Samsung models); creaking can be heard if pressure is applied to the edges, and when pressing down on the rear panel a significant amount of give can be felt
- Underwhelming cameras (although compared to phones tablets should not be used to take quality pictures)
- Samsung’s UI can be overwhelming
- Similar design to previous model
- Occasionally some lag when swiping through different home screens (because of the large number of widgets Samsung has included)